Starting Point System : Forum

You are not logged in.

#1 2010-02-24 20:36:02

theplague

Demo Bench Test Circuit/Schematic

I must say that I am truly pleased with this product and impressed with the thoughtfulness of the design, its simplicity of use and also its versatility.

My question: Is there an image of the schematic used for the Demo Bench VB example available and would you mind posting it? [I would have sworn that I saw one several weeks ago prior to purchasing but have scoured the web site and can find no trace of it, nor are there any corresponding images in the zip file/CD.]

Cheers,

#2 2010-02-28 08:20:23

brainbooster

Re: Demo Bench Test Circuit/Schematic

I agree with  theplague, we have a lot of software examples and almost 0 interfacing examples, so SPS please can you (clear the forum and ban the spammers before) and post some schematics?

#3 2010-03-02 06:18:19

theplague

A simple schematic, based on the demo bench code, has been posted. You can find it at: http://www.jodec.net/uc/Demo_Bench_Schematic_1.0.JPG . Suggestions are welcome.

Please note that I have not tried connecting a servo (M1) or motor (M2). The servo should be fine as it's PWM input will draw little current. For safety's sake, I added a transistor driver (Q2) before the motor (M2) to protect the ÁChameleon. A ceramic disc cap across M2's leads can reduce noise as well -- say .1ÁF.

Also, I've shown the positive supply for the components coming off of "+5B" so as not to greatly tax the 5 volts supplied by the USB. This means you'll need a small AC adapter as described by SPS.

The Demo Bench Source is a great way to get familiar with the ÁChameleon. I've made a number of changes to the source and will have those posted in a few days once I test and clean up the code & add proper comments. One change is to the Piezo code so that it operates more than once.

Cheers.

Last edited by theplague (2010-03-02 06:36:36)

#4 2010-04-18 12:08:34

brainbooster

rc servo doesn't work with that hardware/software (tested)

Board footer