Starting Point System : Forum

You are not logged in.

#1 2009-11-22 02:35:21

dudeman

uChameleon Speed

Hi before I bought this item I read in the spec sheets that it was capable of upto 50khz sample rate. I'm working on a project now that requires a sample rate maximum of around 16khz and I don't seem to be able to get this sample rate. Is there any modifications that could allow me to achieve this speed. I simply want to read 3 or 4 analog inputs and output an analog voltage at this stage.
Thanks in advance
Darran

#2 2009-11-22 08:32:01

AxlTxl

Re: uChameleon Speed

Hi!

On another topic  moderator wrote that "ADC hardware maximum sampling rate is 50kHz, and with current interpreter firmware, actual sampling rate is around 4kHz."
I've not tested it so I simply report what I've red wink ...

Hope it will help!
Bye,
Axl

#3 2009-11-23 01:19:42

dudeman

Did read that post, but I was hoping that was a typo and was supposed to be 40khz. LOL
Even with interpreter I would have thought that the unit would atleast perform to 10% of its ability in acquisition speed preferably more. I don't need the fancy features of the interpreter, more just acquisition speed. So if it is really this slow maybe a stripped down version of the interpreter could be flashed to the device. I don't need background events or anything like that just need the adc command and maybe the pin monitor mode aswell (could live without this). Thanks for the pointer though apreciate it.
Cheers
Dudeman

#4 2009-11-25 08:12:51

dudeman

Cmon has anybody tested the speed of this device? I need some kind of idea how quick the unit can acquire data. Somone please.

#5 2010-02-03 23:55:34

matt

Hey Darran,

I don't have good news on this.  I have been trying this (via the Serial interface) and the best I get is about 60Hz on a single channel.

I dream of 4kHz.

Matt

#6 2010-03-05 17:45:27

lolz

I a tight read/write loop in linux I get between 114 and 125 samples/sec

8 samples in a for loop for each adc chan 700000 microseconds
and 1 sample from 1 adc chan  in 8000 microseconds

When writing to a digital IO port I can turn an LED on and off again at 3460Hz

Board footer